한국과학사학회지, 제42권 제3호 (2020), 487-519

기이한 장난감에서 과학적 측정도구로: 인종 과학 연구에 도입된 브래들리사(Milton Bradley Company)의 색팽이, 1874-1930

by 민병웅
Atachment
첨부파일 '1'
Extra Form
초록 Recent Scholarship on racial science has traced how concepts, materials, instruments, and infrastructures were utilized to improve understanding of race and human heredity. I will trace the circulation of the color-top of the Milton Bradley Company in the late 19th and the early 20th century. Color-top was initially developed by naturalists and merchants in order to measure color quantitatively, and it played a key role in the development of colorimetry. The color-top was used in American racial science as an instrument to measure human skin color. I will firstly focus on the life of Milton Bradley, the color-top seller. He made toys in order to support newly emerging kindergarten education. Citing color theories of physics, and communicating with naturalists, he built on a quantitative color system. Second, looking at anthropological guidebooks and the practice of racial scientists, I will describe the adoption of Bradley`s color-top by British and American racial scientists. They pursued the standardization
주요어 colorimetry, color-top, physical anthropology, racial science, Milton Bradley
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

+ - Up Down Comment Print

첨부파일 확인하시기 바랍니다.

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.